Our client is a West London Local Authority with shared services across two boroughs. They have a busy tree
section covering the management of the council's tree stock and providing advise to their planning section on
works to protected trees and responding to development surveys. They currently require two Arboricultural
Officers, initially for a three month period.
Principle duties of the role will include;
1. Using the Council’s asset management system, Confirm Arboriculture, to undertake tree surveys and specify
necessary works for issuing to the term contractor
2. Carrying out planting surveys to identify new opportunities throughout the borough’s highways, parks and open spaces
3. To respond to customer enquiries, undertaking site meetings and site inspections in order to answer enquires;
all within the corporate guidelines
4. To monitor the on-site performance of contractors to ensure that they are working to the expected standard
and in accordance with industry best practice
5. To respond to emergency call outs in order to assess and organise appropriate action required to ensure meet
the Council’s statutory requirements
6. Administering Tree Preservation Orders and presenting items at Planning Committee in order to address formal
Candidates should have a minimum of a Level 3 Qualification in Arboriculture with two year's industry experience.
In return a PAYE rate of between £16 and £23/hour is offered, dependant upon experience.